Rules for pupils using online communication methods
For submitting learning:
- Submit work and pictures that are appropriate – have an adult take a look at your work before you send it.
- Use kind and friendly words.
For Google Meet/Zoom:
- Pictures or recordings of the video call are not allowed.
- Remember our school rules – they are still in place, even online.
- Set up your device in a quiet space, with no distractions in the background.
- Join the video with your microphone muted.
- Raise your hand before speaking, just like you would do in class.
- If you have the chance to talk, speak in your normal voice, using kind and friendly words.
- Show respect by listening to others while they are speaking.
- Ensure that you are dressed appropriately for the video call.
- Be on time – set a reminder if it helps.
- Enjoy! Don’t forget to wave hello to everyone when you join!
Guidelines for parents and guardians
- It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to ensure that pupils are supervised while they work online.
- Check over the work which pupils send to their teacher, ensuring it is appropriate.
- Continue to revise online safety measures with pupils.
For video calls/Zoom
- Under no circumstances should pictures or recordings be taken of video calls.
- The main purpose of a video call is to engage in online learning activities while maintaining a social connection between the school staff and pupils. Encourage pupils to listen and enjoy the experience.
- Be aware that when participating in group video calls, you can be seen and heard unless you are muted or have disabled your camera.
- You will automatically enter a waiting room when the code for a Zoom call has been entered. Please note that school staff will only accept users into video call if you can be identified by the display name on your zoom account. (i.e. Family Name)
- Please ensure that your child is on time for a scheduled video, or they may be locked out. Please request to join the Zoom call approximately five minutes before the scheduled start time. This will give school staff time to verify your email address.
- Make sure to familiarise your child with the software in advance. For video in particular, show them how to mute/unmute and turn the camera on/off.
- Participants in the call should be dressed appropriately.
- An appropriate background/room should be chosen for the video call.
- For detailed information on GDPR and Zoom, please visit https://zoom.us/privacy
It is important to note that any breach of the above guidelines will result in a discontinuation of this method of communication. A breach may also result in a person being immediately removed from a meeting or a meeting being immediately terminated.